In a very old section of Queens now called West Maspeth, formerly called Laurel Hill, can be found an old house on the corner of the two streets formerly known as Clifton Avenue (46th Street) and Waters Avenue (54th Road). The house has two very old street signs carrying the streets’ old names. (12/97)
Waters Avenue and Clifton Avenuecan be seen on this Brooklyn Eagle map dating from about 1900. None of the streets in the neighborhood, with the exception of Laurel Hill Boulevard (on the left) have kept their old names. Note, however, two streets named Jay and Hull Avenues. Further east, in Maspeth, they still go by their old names.
UPDATE: The signs were removed sometime in 2007.