Mount Loretto orphanage

Mount Loretto orphanage

Categorized in:

8 Responses to Mount Loretto orphanage

1. dianne says:

My grandfather was raised at Mt Loretto around 1880′s early 1890′s His name was Thomas Francis Harding born in 12/31/1880. Do you have any old records that I can obtain info from.
    Thanks and have a super day…

2. Maureen Miller says:

I have asked several times for this information – I am looking for information on Sister Margaret Mary (Grace Kelly) and sister Theresa Carmel (Anne Kelly) who were both principals of each boys and girls school at the same time in the late 40′s early 50′s. Anything you can send me would be appreciated. They are cousins. Parents were Tom and Matilda Kelly.
    Thanks
    Maureen

• David Gazard says:

Hello my name is David Gazard .my mother in law and her siblings were also at Mt Lorretto during that period. Please let us know if you have any information that could help us find more information on my wife’s mom. Thank you

3. rita and theresa schiavone says:

anyone who might remember rita or theresa schiavone from 1942—- 1950???
    please e-mail us
    or if a family member might have memories they would like to share we would love to get in touch
    thanks

4. David Gazard says:

My mother in law and her siblings were at Mount Loretta during theor teen years, I am looking for information about my mother in law Cecilia Zito, her sisters Phillis Zito,Josephine and Nancy Zito and their brother Gabe Zito. Any information about the parents and granparents would be welcomed. I believe Father Pavis was also at Mount Loretta during this time. Thank you.

5. Barbara Martin says:

I was living at Saint Elizabeth’s girls orphanage, mount loretto, Statten island, New York. I was there from 1966-1970 I have a silly question. I was in the junior and the intermediate doors, the girl used to say “NA-BUT” As if to use it as “I am just kidding” What I want to know was it a Spanish work or some word they made up. I would love to know, if any of you girls remember. Email me at Barbara2123@hotmail.com Thank you.

6. My two brothers and I were in Farmindale from 1955 – 1956 and in 1956 we were moved to Mount Loretto from 1956 – 1958. We have been trying to find any residents during that period but so far have had no luck. Any info would be appreciated.

7. Johanna Abbruzzese says:

My father passed away when I was fifteen yrs of age. I just found out he and his siblings were left at mount loretto in and around the 1930s. The family had two spellings of the names My father was John Abramowsky, My uncle was Stanley Ambrowski, aunt Helen Ambrowski, uncle Joseph Amrowski. I would appreciate any information you can provide me. Thank you Johanna C.(Abramowsky) Abbruzzese.