WHERE AM I

19.ivyhillrd.sign

We are somewhere in the five boroughs. Obviously on old fashioned metal street sign has been retained.

Without perusing a map, or without using the map index at least,

Where are we?

Categorized in: One Shots

23 Responses to WHERE AM I

1. Asher says:

White on Black means Brooklyn?

2. Pat says:

Brooklyn near Maspeth Creek?

3. Tal Barzilai says:

This could sound like somewhere in Queens, but I am guessing here.

4. barb g says:

wow. i dont know, but what is with the barbed wire. is it near a jail or something?

5. Bob Sklar says:

About the only part of Brooklyn I could imagine for IVY HILL RD would be Greenpoint.

6. Ann says:

east of Rewe St – a bit east of south of maspeth creek?

7. Michael Lagana says:

Upper Manhattan ?

8. Joe Fliel says:

I’m a lifelong Greenpoint resident and Bob is correct, Kevin. I know that you’re going to say “East Williamsburg”; but, as I explained to you some time ago, that is Greenpoint. E.Williamsburg of today is a contrivance by real estate brokers. The historic E.Billburgh was entirely located within Queens County, bordering Bushwick at its western end, Laurel Hill/Berlinville to the north, Middle Village to the east and Ridgewood to the south.

• Al Trojanowicz says:

From website of http://www.nycago.org/Organs/Qns/html/UnitedPresRidgewood.html

The United Presbyterian Church of Ridgewood came into being when the St. James United Presbyterian Church, also of Ridgewood, made overtures to unite with the First Presbyterian Church of East Williamsburgh (62-54 60 Place), by which name the church was known since its founding in 1863. The merger of the two churches took place in October 1993, coinciding with the 130th anniversary of the East Williamsburgh Church

Over the years, the East Williamsburgh neighborhood became associated with Ridgewood. At some point following the riots which took place during the 1977 Blackout, residents of Ridgewood wanted to disassociate with nearby Bushwick and successfully petitioned the U.S. Postal Service to change their zip code to one belonging to the borough of Queens.

9. Tal Barzilai says:

Being near Greenpoint doesn’t mean that it has to be in Brooklyn. This could also mean somewhere in Queens as well. In other words, it could be in either Hunters Point, Blissville, or even Maspeth in that matter, because they too are not far from Greenpoint. Let’s not forget that signs like these aren’t so specific, and I can remember in other boroughs seeing signs like these outside of Brooklyn. The only reason I thought that this street could be in Queens mainly had to do with the fact that it has a lot of sloped terrains, but again, I am just guessing, and I will probably be wrong. BTW, when is the answer going to be revealed?

10. Richie says:

Rewe Street. Vandervoort Avenue just north of Metropolital, Rewe Street is like an alley that ends at Ivy Hill. There are no addresses on Ivy Hill, only MarJam lumber yard is there along with Weiss Tool Distributor. I am a truck driver and I have been going into this place for years.

11. jon says:

i think its in eastern queens near he nassua border or smewhere in staten island

12. Daquan13 says:

Tal, the sign isn’t for Kentucky Fried Chicken. If you would get out of your car more often, you would know this.