WHERE AM I?

chicot

Somebody PLEASE tell me these two streets rhyme.

Don’t go looking at google maps or atlases. You just gotta know.

Categorized in: One Shots

24 Responses to WHERE AM I?

1. Doktor Riktor Von Zhades says:

I am rather certain that it is Ozone park not far from the Aqueduct Race Track

2. Roger_the_Shrubber says:

Let me guess: at the intersection of Chicot Rd and Rico pl?

3. Matt says:

Had to look it up. What were you doing there?

4. Karen says:

Well I know this is Ozone Park..I grew up there. I never thought that they rhymed.

5. chris says:

No clue but I enjoy these ‘tests’ Kevin.

6. Tom says:

Jamaica Estates in Queens- lots of little streets, cul-de-sacs, hills- beautiful.

7. Maria S says:

This intersection is in beautiful Ozone Park!!

8. r185 says:

Don’t know what connection Ozone Park has to coffee, but…the coffee tree (chicot) is pronounced shēˈkō according to Merriam-Webster:

9. Dave says:

Ozone Park.

10. Candi Smith says:

Chicot is French; the two words do rhyme.

11. Alex says:

“Chico Rico” could mean “rich kid”, among other things in some neighborhoods.

I guess depending on how you spell Chicot it does indeed rhyme.

12. Rick Keech says:

Well, this is an interesting sign….something more likely seen in Arkansas than New York City. Here, we pronounce it as a frenchy “Chee-coh”; it rhymes with “Rico” as you suspected. In southeast Arkansas near the Mississippi River is Lake Village on Lake Chicot, and there is a small community south of there named Chicot. In southern edge of Little Rock, in Pulaski and Saline counties, there is also Chicot Road.

13. Rick Keech says:

I forgot to mention this: Chicot County is a county located in the U.S. state of Arkansas.The county seat is Lake Village. Chicot County is Arkansas’s tenth county, formed on October 25, 1823, and named after Point Chicot on the Mississippi River.

14. Bob Sklar says:

This intersection is close to the uncompleted portion of Linden Blvd. in Queens between 88th St. and Cross Bay Blvd. Anyone know if the aborted building of this road was connected to the abandonment of an extension of the IND subway east of the current Euclid Av. station?

15. Steve says:

I remember riding along Linden Blvd toward Conduit and passing that … farm, apparently … on the southwest corner of the aforesaid streets. It was a pleasant surprise.

I wish the far-flung portions of Brooklyn and Queens had never been built up, since it seems to me that the building was done in such haste and so shoddily that it’s just and endless wasteland of charmless urban sprawl, devoid of any interspersion of nature.

16. Rick Keech says:

I noticed that just south of “Chicot Rd.” is “Desarc Rd.” This is also an Arkansas place name. Des Arc is a city in and the county seat of the northern district of Prairie County, Arkansas. I wonder if there was a connection between Ozone Park and an Arkansan?

17. Tom says:

Ozone Park, just South of John Adams HS

18. george says:

OZONE PARK QUEENS

19. Dave C. says:

“Chicot and the Man”, launched Freddie Prinze’s career.

20. T.J. Connick says:

Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico, or merely where it crosses Chicot?

21. John Tambini says: