WHERE AM I?

prospectplace

I am in a land once occupied by slaughterhouses and tanneries, that has since been converted into an exclusive haunt of the 1%ers.

Categorized in: One Shots

11 Responses to WHERE AM I?

1. Jim says:

I’m guessing the East 40s in Manhattan, my grandmother lived there in the 1930′s when it was known as “Blood Alley” because of the slaughter houses along the river where the U.N. now stands.

2. Brian says:

This is at Tudor City in Manhattan. (My brother lives in this building, now called 5 Tudor City Place.) According to my old maps, it was originally called Prospect Place.

3. oscar says:

Tudor City

4. neal fenton says:

Tudor City

5. chris says:

I’m thinking Tudor City.

6. Gloria says:

It sounds like the meatpacking district which was on the far Westside of Manhattan. I think below 14th Street

7. Tal Barzilai says:

I think I remembered seeing that on a wall at First Avenue across from the UN as you walk up the steps for Tudor City, but I may have that confused with something else.

• Tal Barzilai says:

After looking at this again, I realized that this is not the wall on 1st Avenue that have the steps that lead up. This is actually on one of the apartments of that name. Just thinking of Tudor City does make me think if this was the hill that goes with the Murray Hill since this does feel like one or even a mound after looking at it. Just like Riverside Drive with 96th Street, Tudor City Place goes right over 42nd Street while having access with the other two streets near them. Then again, perhaps Murray Hill was just the name of an estate that the Murray family had in that area.