I thought I’d expand the occasional FNY feature into a ForgottenSlice, with the aid of FNY Correspondent Gary Fonville, who shot and researched these scenes.
1. I witnessed a giant step in transportation in NYC. I’ve been watching it since October, 1904. Where am I?
2. I reside uptown, near a former circus boss.
3. I am a graceful beauty who has seen hard times. Once, I could hear the el rush nearby.
4. There are few houses left like this in my neighborhood. I’m on a high hill and can see the top of the George Washington Bridge off to the southwest.
5. For decades I lived near a brickmaking plant. Now I live next to a bus depot. George Harrison was interested in me once.
6. I am only visible in winter. I, too, can hear trains nearby. I’m in the same neighborhood where jazz greats lived, once.